All images are archival pigment prints. Sizes, prices, and edition information, on some works, are available on request.
NFS: Purpose and Intent
Many works, particularly those in the politics and the rape folios, are not for sale (NFS.) They were made, and intended solely, to be tools for comment, examination, explanation, and education about my particular viewpoint on each subject. Stated in different words, my narrow objective for these images is to develop my thinking, and share my voice through my art, taking a position on matters of deep concern to me.
One further note: Each image in "Narratives" contains text within, or below, the image.
Recent and Upcoming Exhibitions
• Museum of Graphic Art of the Mediterranean Marchionni, Sardinia, Italy June 10th - August 31st, 2017
• Carter Burden Gallery, 548 W. 28th Street, New York, NY 1001 (September 7th - 28th, 2017)
• Milan, Italy - Lazzaro Archive: September 14-26, 2017
• Valid Foto - Barcelona, Spain (September 19th - 29th, 2017)
• Czech China Contemporary Museum, Beijing, China (September 29 to October 13, 2017)
• Bologna, Italy - Museo Cà La Ghironda: from 5-18 October, 2017
• Urbino, Italy - Palace of the Raffaello College: 21 October To 3 November, 2017
• Providence Center for Photographic Arts, Providence, RI (October 12 – November 3)
• Valid Foto Gallery, Barcelona, Spain (April 10th - April 28th, 2018)
What I believe
“Against the ruin of the world, there is only one defense — the creative act.” Kenneth Rexroth, Disengagement: The Art Of The Beat Generation
“... art is a form of power; it has impact, it can affect change – it can not only move us, it makes us move.” Ossie Davis
Language not only expresses thought, it "...actually determines the way in which its speakers perceive the world." Benjamin Lee Whorf.
"Unless art achieves an esthetic shock capable of dissociating us from our established experiences, it is just illustration." From Art In America, attributable to French philosopher Jacques Rancière
"Fashion Is Murder." Words carved in cement by an unknown author. (My take? It's real life memorialized in a Soho sidewalk. Clichés like Drop dead gorgeous. Killer looks. Dressed to kill. To die for. all expresss fantasy - amusing following a lobotomy.)